McCarthy Partners prides itself on providing a premium service to make your property transaction as stress-free as possible. For many of us, buying or selling a property is the most important financial transaction we undertake; so it’s important to get it right. We are happy to provide pre-contract advice and our experience and knowledge add real value to our service, allowing us to identify and resolve issues quickly.
We have extensive experience in all forms of conveyancing ranging from vacant lots and the family home through to subdivisions and high rise developments (including sales and purchases “off the plan”). Our knowledge of the local area and planning scheme is a huge benefit in relation to sales and purchases of properties situated on the Mornington Peninsula; but we have been assisting clients with the sale and purchase of their properties in Melbourne (and beyond) for almost 40 years too.
In addition to the contractual obligations in the conveyancing transaction, we will liaise with your proposed or current lending institution (if there is a mortgage over the property) to ensure that the lender’s requirements are complied with prior to the nominated settlement date.
Electronic Settlement through PEXA
The national electronic conveyancing settlements system, PEXA, is now part of the conveyancing process in Victoria. We have been members of PEXA since October 2015.
Completing the settlement of a property electronically via PEXA has many benefits, including:
- Funds are transferred electronically as part of settlement and depending on the Vendor’s financial institution, may be available to the Vendor within hours;
- Lodgement of documents occurs in real time so the Purchaser’s interest will be lodged against the title in a matter of minutes, rather than days or weeks. PEXA also provides cover, subject to conditions, in the event of any late, unforeseen activity (such as a caveat) impacting registration at the Land Registry. This comes at no additional cost to the Purchaser. For equivalent cover in a manual environment, the Purchaser would need to take out insurance at an additional cost;
- Reducing the risk of a delay in settlement due to documentation errors;
- Eliminating the need for some personal attendance by you in signing documentation; and
- Removing the need to obtain or receive bank cheques.
Our preference is to settle transactions using PEXA. If your transaction is suitable to settle using the PEXA System, we will contact you to discuss any additional requirements.